Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Family.

For me, skiing has always been a family affair. That doesn't mean that I always ski with family, as my family will readily attest. I've always been impatient; if there's fresh snow, there's a good chance I might not be seen until we regroup at the end of the day. My mom always complained that she never gets to ski with me. My wife claims I ditch her. I'm not going to get into that debate--it's a losing proposition. I'm a little better about that now--but not much.

Guilty as charged.
Bottom line: if you can't keep up, you get left behind.

Today it was snowy. I present Exhibit A: Dylan at the end of the day.


And Diane at the beginning. Diane's my wife. I love her. I love her even more for letting me ski.


Diane looks a little snowy, and lonely... and left behind.


Dylan can keep up... and fly like a reindeer:


Yow! ~~~ Pow!



Kayla doesn't get featured. She moved to Steamboat Springs, Colorado to ride the dream. I'll put her in when she moves back to Eugene :-)>

Next, the snow report:


12 Hour Snowfall 6"
24 Hour Snowfall 7"
Total Annual Snowfall 152"
Snow Level at Lodge 40"
Snow Level at Midway 40"
Snow Level at Peak 2 65"

Today was one of those days when there was more snow on the ground at the end of the day than the beginning. The season is shaping up nicely.




Happy Christmas Eve!

1 comment: