Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hope

There's still hope for this season. The snow keeps dribbling down, and the conditions aren't that bad. It's just tough to measure up to the previous two epic seasons.

Funny story of the day.

Some kid takes off his board above the lift queue on the EPA. He accidentally drops it and it follows the gravity line straight into a girl that's sitting in line unstrapping her board. I saw it all from the lift; Dylan's buddy watched it all happen--and neglected to say anything to the poor girl. Kind of like not being able to turn your head from a horrible accident. The girl was a lot kinder to the kid than I would have been. I'd have been up in his grill shouting at him if it happened to me.

Dylan hops off the EPA with his crew.

Darth Marty says ""I find your lack of faith disturbing." I will make it snow!

Dylan leaps down Escalator.

Log Jam.

Looking up at the gator farm. Not much snow in there (<6"), but lots of gators.

Alligators is a ski slang term that refers to obstacles (primarily logs and branches, but also rocks) lurking just below the snow that clamp their jaws on unsuspecting riders. See post c. Dec 28th.

The snow level hovered right at 5000' all day. That meant that it snowed most of the day. Hooray!

We're making progress on the snowpack. It's coming an inch or two at a time, but we'll take whatever is on offer. The forecast this week calls for more storms and lower freezing levels. It sure is raining hard right now in town (6 pm, Sunday, Jan 17th).

Tomorrow is an official state holiday, but I probably won't go up unless it snows a bunch. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. By chance I met you. I would like to share with you the knowledge that Jesus has given me. I invite you to visit my work. A hug.

    ReplyDelete