Saturday, November 27, 2010

White Saturday

Nothing like following Black Friday with White Saturday. The resort said 3", the dept. of transportation said 6", and I said 9". No matter who is right, conditions today were much better than yesterday and completely awesome for the 27th of November.

Nice to test out the powder boards so early in the season. Dylan gets the money shot as I hop the pillow.

As it turns out, the S3s live up to their rating in the pow. It's a whole new ballgame with the fatties. They mow right through the deep stuff and bomb the crud. The technique is different than what I'm accustomed to. A lot less standing on the and a lot more finesse. With the rockers there's also a move called "smearing" where you push out the tails to scrub speed. It works wonders for ripping.

I think I'm gonna like this new ballgame.

Diane and Dylan came up today. They waited to get their passes and Dylan caught up to my on the third ride. Dylan avoids the alligators in the woods.

A little rotation on the kick.

Diane tears it up on Rough Cut.

And shows the smile that comes from snowsports.

Dylan puts the Skate Banana through the stress test.

And rips a grab off the stump at the bottom of Timburr.

Dylan punches through the pow.


Rippin' through the trees.

We're all beat. I'm probably going to be sore tomorrow, but it was a great day for day two. The storms keep coming and the base is already as good as it was most of last season.

I should probably catch up with end-of-term work tomorrow... we'll see.

1 comment: