Monday, December 31, 2018

The Gondola

Sunday, December 30, 2018
Winter Park

The crew informed me that we were going to WP again on Saturday. That sounded ok, as long as I could figure out a way to not pay $179 for a pass.  I texted Dan and he came through. 

We had to ride over to ski patrol/emergency room at the WP base to pick up the voucher.  The US Mogul team is practicing at WP this week.
























Dan and I in front of the patrol shack at Sunspot. Dan is part of the old ski crew back from the late 70s.  We spent a lot of time at WP in those years.  Dan carried the torch and got on pro patrol in the 80s and never looked back. Sounds like an interesting job--one that I would be challenged to do since I'm a bit soft when it comes to dealing with broken people.




















The crew at Sunspot (Catherine, Elizabeth, Heather and Garth)

















Garth at the top of Hughes

















 The ladies at the top of Hughes

















A little closer, please

 

















Things not to do on The Gondola.  Dan said they started working on The Gondola back in April.  It was closed a few days back when we first skied WP.  It officially opened on Thursday.  






















Back at the top


















Garth and Catherine on Perry's Peek























The crew

Beach hounds in the parking lot. 


















 Dylan is gassed on the ride home
























We left by 1:30 to avoid the I-70 traffic.  We got enough skiing in for me.  All in all, it was a pretty fab day and a good week in Colorado.  Four days of skiing for $200 is reasonable in my book given that full retail would be $716.  It's nice to ski the big mountains once in a while, although I still have a preference for our little backwater area and the Oregon snow (when it happens).



No comments:

Post a Comment