Friday, January 2, 2009

Dedication.

Well, kind of. As long as it doesn't rain.

We left late today (9:30) because the lights were out in the tunnel. When the lights are out in the tunnel, it means there's no power at The Pass. That means the Eagle Peak Accelerator can't run (it's electric) and that only the lower mountain will be open.

When we got there I was waiting for Diane when I got approached by a reporter from the Register-Guard (our local Eugene newspaper). She asked if it was my first time up. I said this was day five; I'm dedicated. She also asked if the economy was going to affect the number of times I ski this year. Of course not! One needs to have priorities.

This kind of says it all.



This person gets it.

Anyway, it was a slow day. I took a couple of runs on the alpines and then went back to the car to get my tele gear. If I have to ski the lower mountain, I'll tele. I spent most of the day skiing with Diane and Dylan.

Ms. awesome.


Mr. Awesome.


And lots of more dedicated folks than me making the trek on foot to the top.


Tomorrow promises to be better. The temperature dropped and we're getting little snow squalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment