Monday, March 23, 2009

Break

07:30. Wake up, pour my coffee and check the ski report. Between 5" and 8" of fresh depending on who's report you believe. Then to the weather forecast: severe weather alert for the Cascades starting at 1pm today. Another 5" to 9" this afternoon and tonight. It's 32 degrees in town and 14 degrees at the mountain. Bonus: the sun is shining.

There was a good foot of fresh in the trees.

And coming out of the trees.

The conditions are so outstanding that Dylan is speechless.

Spring break is for students. It also gives me an opportunity to catch up--and keep my schedule open just in case the weather conditions are just right. Today was just right--fluffy snow, blue sky, no wind. I felt like I was back in Colorado.

The timing could not be better for me. I just got off of several weeks of long days. The snow conditions have steadily improved over the past several weeks. And, my schedule is flexible enough so that I can go when the conditions are right.

Flying on a blue sky powder day.

The log ride is open.

Stitch the box (click on the image to see a larger version).

Dylan shows off his stuff in the park.

Yesterday nothing was groomed. Diane decided to stay home today... until we suggested that she shouldn't miss a blue sky powder day.

This is great!

Yow. If this is spring, keep it coming. There's another front moving in that promises another 4" to 9" for tomorrow.

Today was the second best day of the season. I'll buy a six-pack for any reader that can identify the best day of the season...

We're hoping the rest of the week is as good as the past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment