Saturday, March 9, 2024

B.C. Day 3

Wednesday, March 6

Beaver Creek Resort

We got some sun this morning after three straight days of snow. B.C. is pretty great on a sunny day. Plus, it was nice to have it a bit warmer. 

 Quinn and Parker in front of The Ritz-Carlton at Bachelor Gulch.





Parker, Garth and I on Cabin Fever.


Parker and Catherine at the top of Strawberry Park in front of the Candy Cabin. B.C. has a lot of stuff for little and big kids - including overpriced candy.

 

 


 

Catherine, Parker, Quinn and I at the top of Arrow Bahn checking the Aspen trees.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunny days mean trips over to Arrowhead to do hot laps on Little Brave, Golden Bear, and Cresta. It's about 1,800 vertical feet of nonstop fun. Little Brave is particularly fun as it has a few road turns that are tight and super fun when you're moving fast. Arrowhead is one of my favorite parts of B.C. It's a bit lower than the rest of the resort and has some really fun and fast intermediate/expert terrain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun didn't last all day. We went to Spruce Saddle for lunch and met up with my old pal Steve. It got a little cloudy by the time we got back out but conditions were still primo.

Beth stylin'.


 Catherine showing her smooth style.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quinn and Parker



Quinn


Parker rippin the bumps on Ripsaw.











Garth did a double eject yardsale on Ripsaw.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My old buddy Steve on top of Ripsaw. I've known Steve since 4th grade at Riffenburg Elementary School in Fort Collins. We hung out a lot in high school and a few years after. I hadn't talked with him for probably three decades when I asked him if he wanted to go to our 40th class reunion in 2018. It's been great reconnecting.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Steve on the top of Ripsaw.











The race course was open today so Parker challenged me to a rematch since I beat him in 2022. Alas, my day has come, Parker beat me on the first run by a couple of seconds as I got late on the gates at the bottom. We did a rematch, and he beat me again, but on 0.06 seconds or about a foot. A tough outcome but it was inevitable. Altogether it was really fun to ski some gates and have a bit of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment