Saturday, March 9, 2024

B.C. Day 4

 Thursday, March 7, 2024

Beaver Creek Resort


Another partly sunny day...that was mostly cloudy until about 2pm. Conditions are still outstanding.

A rare photo of me on the side of the run.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another rare photo of me.

We cut out about 2pm and headed over to The Ritz-Carlton for apres ski to see how the 0.01% live and the rest of the hangers on who want to experience what extreme wealth feels like. It feels expensive. Wine was $26, mixed drinks $20 and up, and beer a reasonable $9. It's a pretty posh palace and it was a lot of fun to hang out for a bit. 

 The gang.











The view from our table. The sun came out and it was absolutely lovely.











Old man #1.














Young siblings.









Old man #2.














A pretty fun day. I'm holding up fairly well for a lowlander after five straight days of skiing. I'm definitely not getting any younger - my stamina is not what it once was, nor is my strength. I think if I did this for about 100 days a year I would maybe approach bad ass condition again. As it stands, I'm probably in better shape than 98% of people my age and have no problem keeping up with my niece and nephew who are more than 30 years younger. But...the writing is on the wall. If I want to do any serious skiing again I'll need to do it soon and I'll need to get into a more rigorous exercise regime. I'm kind of losing my motivation - skiing with family and friends is much more engaging to me than going and shredding laps all day. An exception might be on the right powder day.

Another great B.C. day.



No comments:

Post a Comment