Sunday, February 6, 2011

What I like

Is not what we have. But, you can't always get what you want. Alas.

Super Sunday.

Again.

Pack v. Steelers

Sounds boring, unless you are from Green Bay (like the LeDucs) or Pittsburg (like the Katos). We're neither, so skiing is a viable option--as always. I would be tempted to go even if it was a team I like.

Conditions today were more or less a repeat of the past four weeks. Sunny, spring conditions, and small crowds.

I left the battery to my camera in the charger at home, so Diane was the team photographer today.

Dylan worked hard on the 540 today.

And the video proof.


It was a great day to enjoy the sunshine in the mountains with the family.

Despite that, I'm coming to the conclusion that deep down I'm a powder snob. Yep, there, I said it. Powder snob.

While any day skiing is better than a day in town, and definitely better than a day at work...nothing beats a powder day. How can one deny the feeling of anticipation of fresh snow? The beauty of snow-laden trees? The feeling of weightlessness that dropping into a steep slot in the trees? The peacefulness of snow falling deep in the mountains?

There is no doubt...powder is more fun.

But that's not what we have today. Or this month. So, I'll patiently wait for the next storm cycles. For the base to build back and for that next 12" or 24" or 36" dump. It's inevitable.

Alas, instead of dreaming, I'll accept what we get--a gloriously sunny day in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment