Friday, March 18, 2011

Just another powder day...

It snowed some more last night, as it did Wednesday night. The past four Thursday's have been powder days. I only made one of them. Seems like we've had quite a few powder days this year, but who's counting?

Oh, yea...I am! Today was day 23; going back through the postings, 8 of those were powder days. That's a little more than 1/3. Pretty awesome. I'm certain that we get more powder days here than when I was skiing in Colorado. That said, we didn't have the tools to track the weather and snow conditions back than that we do now. We could probably do pretty well in Colorado... except for the part where all the pow is plundered by 11 am. We were still hitting freshies when we left at 3 today.

Cherokee Ridge was in fine shape. Dylan shreds the Grotto.

I.

II.

Method Man.

Diane went out and got herself a new board and new boots. I think she's serious about this snowboarding stuff. She's also getting better.

Me? I was also enjoying the day. Spring break starts next week, but I figured I would play hookey again and get an early start. Good call.

Surfin' the Rossi's.

It's turning out to be a pretty decent season. Started early, a little lull in the middle, and now La Nina is delivering the goods again. It was snowing hard when we left, so I better get rested up for an early start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment