Friday, March 25, 2022

Beaver Creek - Day 5 - The Fab Four Freezeout

March 11, 2022

Beaver Creek Resort

Post-powder day and we wore out a big part of the crew so it was just Catherine, Garth, Beth, and I today. As Hitler says in the famous "I want to ski pow at Vail" video...any more than four in the crew is a pain in the ass. 

It got really cold last night. I'm pretty sure living in Florida can make a person soft in a big hurry and -13F is not something we get there. It did get below freezing one night in January. Fortunately the forecast was for it to get into the mid-20s by noon or so. The first few runs were a little frigid.

I took the opportunity to get some action photos.

Catherine and Garth are considering being a Little Brave (ha!).










Beth joins them.










Beth showing off her style.










Catherine looking smooth as ever.










Garth dusting what is left over from yesterday's snowfest.










And a couple of rare photos of me over in the Rose Bowl.

I.













 

II.













 

 

It was very cold, but we got our 23k of vert in. Skiing bump runs is the best way to keep warm on cold days. My Oregon gloves were not the best way to keep my hands warm, but extra handwarmers made it tolerable.

We went over to the Westin Riverfront Spa and Resort at Avon for happy hour. Brooke's sister got married there in 2019. It was pretty swanky - they had a duo that was playing some good selections. The downside is my $18 Manhattan came in a plastic cup. They claimed the dishwasher was broken. It seemed more likely that the dishwasher quit.

The view from the bar was top notch.










 

Catherine and Garth get happy (or at least as happy as Garth gets)



The siblings. Great to hang out for a week with my sisters and the madness that surrounds their lives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another great day at BC. We'll get out and beat ourselves (or they'll beat me) up some more tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment